Global Strategies is committed to protecting your privacy. Please read this Policy carefully. If any term in this policy is unacceptable to you, please do not use our Sites or provide any personal information. By accessing our Sites, you signify your acknowledgment of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see Revisions to Our Policy below) and your use of our Sites after we make changes is deemed to be an acceptance of those changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other information collected through our Sites that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”);
- Required to complete a payment or donation; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Indirectly from third party intermediaries with whom we partner to provide you with our Sites; and/or
- Automatically as you navigate through our Sites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Information You Give to Us. The information we collect through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide through our Sites. This includes information provided when you subscribe to our newsletter; when we respond to your inquiries related to our Sites; and when you provide feedback on our Sites; and/or
- Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete for registration purposes
- Information We Collect about You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain statistical data about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data, as well as the resources that you access and use on our Sites;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type; and
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time.
- To track user trends and patterns, which helps us better understand and improve areas of our Sites that our users find valuable;
- To provide you with personalized content (e.g., your user preferences, your default language, device and browser information, so we can identify you and personalize the content you see); and
- To provide social media features and to analyze our traffic, which we may share with our social media and analytics partners, as well as use to provide services better tailored to our visitors’ needs.
- We use five types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, marketing cookies, and website analytics cookies.
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features. These are temporary cookies that last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for purposes such as enabling better navigation on our Sites. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are stored on your device for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Sites and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. The collected information is aggregated, and therefore made anonymous. These cookies are used to improve the performance of our Sites, and with it, the user experience.
- Functional cookies. Functional cookies enable our Sites to save information which has already been entered (such as user names, language choices, and your location), so that it can offer you improved and more personalized functions. Functional cookies are also used to enable features you request, such as playing videos. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
- Marketing cookies. Global Strategies and third parties acting on our behalf (such as LinkedIn and YouTube) may collect information about your online activities over time and to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests.
- Information We Receive from Other Sources. This is information we receive about you when we work with third parties (including, for example, third party intermediaries with whom we partner to provide you with services, sub-contractors in technical, analytics providers, and search information providers).
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways to:
- Complete any transactions you request online, such as processing donations or any other action you request online;
- Provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries;
- Determine eligibility for registration and other benefits;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from Global Strategies, surveys, newsletters, and other information;
- Notify you about changes to our Sites;
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required); and
- Comply with applicable federal and state law.
IV. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to disclose personal information that you provide or that we receive about you from our third party service providers as described in this Policy:
- To anyone for whom you have authorized disclosure of information in this Policy or any other consent or policy;
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Sites;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (e.g., if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
V. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information that you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Do Not Track. Our Sites do not currently respond to “do not track” signals, as we do not track our visitors and participants across third party websites.
- Correction of Information. If you wish to correct any information that you have provided to us directly or opt-out of any promotional or other e-mails from Global Strategies, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also unsubscribe from such communications by following the procedures described in the email.
- Because we partner with third parties to provide you with our Sites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand how they might track or disclose your information and what choices you have to opt-out of any tracking that they might perform. Please also refer to the information in the Third Party Websites section below.
VI. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Global Strategies; any transmission is at your own risk.
VII. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Sites may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control. Please be aware that this Policy does not apply to these websites. Global Strategies encourages you to read the privacy statements and terms and conditions of linked or referenced websites and applications that you enter. These third-party websites and applications may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit personal information. GLOBAL STRATEGIES DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR APPLICATIONS AND WEBSITES, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION AND WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
VIII. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Sites are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Global Strategies does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information about how Global Strategies may collect personal information from all users of our Sites, please see Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It above or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Global Strategies is located in the United States. By using our Sites, you understand that your personal data will be transferred to Global Strategies’ servers located in the United States in connection with the purposes stated in this Policy. You understand that the laws pertaining to the protection of personal data in the United States may be more or less stringent than those in your home jurisdiction.
X. REVISIONS TO OUR POLICY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. We make changes to this Policy by posting them on this page. The date this Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for periodically monitoring and reviewing any updates to this Policy. Your continued use of our Sites after such amendments will be deemed your acknowledgement of these changes to this Policy.
XI. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
XII. EFFECTIVE DATE
This policy is effective dated February 8, 2022.